Hello All!!

Dublins Devil

Hello All!

After years telling myself “I really need to join up”, I was delighted to meet the all the guys at Dublin Comic Con last weekend & it really gave me the nudge to just dive in!

I adore the work you do and admire the fantastic community you’re part of.

I’m setting up my profile at the moment & would really appreciate if somebody can point me in the direction of how/where to get my costume. I’m on the fence about a Scout Trooper & Storm Trooper, but have to admit I was really impressed with the detail of Storm Trooper at the Con on Saturday.

Any help in terms of contacts, online sellers etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Keith

• Like 3

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

Welcome Keith, delighted to have you signing up! We have plenty of Stormtroopers and Scouts who can point you in the right direction, so I'm sure some will be along soon. A good starting point would be to search for RWA Creations on Facebook - Ross is based on the Isle of Wight and does both TKs (Stormtroopers) and Scouts. He usually has price lists posted in his group to give you an idea of budget. There's at least one more in the UK, plus a guy in France, but I'm sure others can point you in their direction.

Whichever way you go, also be sure to Google the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (TKs) and the Pathfinders Detachment (Scouts) and join their forums. These are the international detachments that group information on similar costumes together. While our guys can point you in the right direction for local-ish suppliers, you'll also find detailed info for each costume there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Daniel

TX/TI-86327

Tipperary

sig-danielf_501st.png

Hi & welcome Keith,

Here's some links for your research

RWA creations on FB [based in Jersey, UK] - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1865574590327448

The Shed of Glittering Delights on FB [based in France - no customs costs] - https://www.facebook.com/groups/498936430131793

I've bought kits from both. You can buy the kit or for more credits, you can ask to have the kits finished & helments completed. It all depends on how good you are working with ABS plastic & assembling kits.

You can also buy TKs from Shepperton & TK & scouts from RS propmasters in the UK.

Scouts can also be bought from Chefs creations, also based in the UK.

I got my TK from Shepperton, my shadow TK from RWA. I got my shadow scout from Chelfs creatioins & my old tie pilot from Andy in the Shed of glittering delights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

4 hours ago, tipperaryred said:

Welcome Keith, delighted to have you signing up! We have plenty of Stormtroopers and Scouts who can point you in the right direction, so I'm sure some will be along soon. A good starting point would be to search for RWA Creations on Facebook - Ross is based on the Isle of Wight and does both TKs (Stormtroopers) and Scouts. He usually has price lists posted in his group to give you an idea of budget. There's at least one more in the UK, plus a guy in France, but I'm sure others can point you in their direction.

Whichever way you go, also be sure to Google the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (TKs) and the Pathfinders Detachment (Scouts) and join their forums. These are the international detachments that group information on similar costumes together. While our guys can point you in the right direction for local-ish suppliers, you'll also find detailed info for each costume there.

Thank you Daniel!! Much appreciated!!

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

51 minutes ago, Dropkick said:

Hi & welcome Keith,

Here's some links for your research

RWA creations on FB [based in Jersey, UK] - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1865574590327448

The Shed of Glittering Delights on FB [based in France - no customs costs] - https://www.facebook.com/groups/498936430131793

I've bought kits from both. You can buy the kit or for more credits, you can ask to have the kits finished & helments completed. It all depends on how good you are working with ABS plastic & assembling kits.

You can also buy TKs from Shepperton & TK & scouts from RS propmasters in the UK.

Scouts can also be bought from Chefs creations, also based in the UK.

I got my TK from Shepperton, my shadow TK from RWA. I got my shadow scout from Chelfs creatioins & my old tie pilot from Andy in the Shed of glittering delights. 

Thank you Shane!! Much appreciated!!

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

On 8/16/2023 at 11:32 PM, Keith Connolly said:

Hello All!

After years telling myself “I really need to join up”, I was delighted to meet the all the guys at Dublin Comic Con last weekend & it really gave me the nudge to just dive in!

I adore the work you do and admire the fantastic community you’re part of.

I’m setting up my profile at the moment & would really appreciate if somebody can point me in the direction of how/where to get my costume. I’m on the fence about a Scout Trooper & Storm Trooper, but have to admit I was really impressed with the detail of Storm Trooper at the Con on Saturday.

Any help in terms of contacts, online sellers etc. would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Keith

Hi Keith,

Funny on how you dived right in, as its pretty much how I started here also. Met lads down at the May the 4th film festival a few months back. After one conversaion had my outfit ordered and I am now hooked. As Shane and Daniel said everyone here is extremely helpful, and approcable if your ever stuck on something. Personally I found digging around on the builds in the form and chatting with the people, has given me great insight on little tips and tricks.

Welcome aboard 😀

• Like 2

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

2 hours ago, BandageMonkey said:

Hi Keith,

Funny on how you dived right in, as its pretty much how I started here also. Met lads down at the May the 4th film festival a few months back. After one conversaion had my outfit ordered and I am now hooked. As Shane and Daniel said everyone here is extremely helpful, and approcable if your ever stuck on something. Personally I found digging around on the builds in the form and chatting with the people, has given me great insight on little tips and tricks.

Welcome aboard 😀

Thanks a million Alan! Have to say, I’m blown away by the warm welcome.

Give me a follow if you’re on IG. Be great to get in touch!

Search: Sixth_Scale_Padawan

Cheers! - Keith

• Like 1

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

48 minutes ago, Keith Connolly said:

Thanks a million Alan! Have to say, I’m blown away by the warm welcome.

Give me a follow if you’re on IG. Be great to get in touch!

Search: Sixth_Scale_Padawan

Cheers! - Keith

Unfortunately dont have Instagram, but the handle I'm guessing your a fellow hottoys/sideshow collector?

• Like 1

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

53 minutes ago, BandageMonkey said:

Unfortunately dont have Instagram, but the handle I'm guessing you’re a fellow hottoys/sideshow collector?

I am…. But they might have to get moved on fairly lively to fund the Legion outfit 😂

• Like 1

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

1 minute ago, Keith Connolly said:

I am…. But they might have to get moved on fairly lively to fund the Legion outfit 😂

Well hopefully it wont have to come to that lol. Not sure I could part with mine. 

You also can take part in events as crew, its a great way to learn the ropes and get to know other members. It's also important to help out the TKs and others wearing buckets as its pretty hard to see out through them. 

• Like 2

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

5 minutes ago, BandageMonkey said:

Well hopefully it wont have to come to that lol. Not sure I could part with mine. 

You also can take part in events as crew, its a great way to learn the ropes and get to know other members. It's also important to help out the TKs and others wearing buckets as its pretty hard to see out through them. 

And 100% glad to help out in anyway possible!! Really looking forward to it.

You mentioned you were with the Legion a few months now? Are you well integrated at this stage/ have costume etc. or is it still in process?

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

I'm still learning and getting to know everyone. But I've done a few events as crew and they are alot fun. 

My costume, is a working progress. As I've been waiting on the armour pieces. But I have been working on a sound glove and a modular DC-17m. I'm not expert in electronics but if you need a hand or direction on that side of things, I'm happy help where I can. 

Edited by BandageMonkey
Grammer correction

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

Welcome aboard Keith 🙂 

I’m one of the OG members, just back from a long hiatus so a bit of a noob myself in some ways 🙂 I’m sure everyone’s still as helpful as they always were, so you’re in good hands.  

Ian 

• Like 1

I hate sand 

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

Welcome aboard Keith 🙂 

I’m one of the OG members, just back from a long hiatus so a bit of a noob myself in some ways 🙂 I’m sure everyone’s still as helpful as they always were, so you’re in good hands.  

Ian 

Thanks @Ian!! Looking forward to being part of the group!!

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

Welcome Keith!!!

Little late posting but if you have any questions definitely drop a message here, more than happy to help!

I’ll drop you a PM in terms of kits!

• Like 1

Everything a price has, however, isn’t always money, the price is. 

sig-richard_501st.png

Thank you @SyntaxError!! I’ve settled on the Scout Trooper & I’ve been looking at a few fully built options here & there.

Anything you (or anyone here) can send me regarding sourcing Scout related items…. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the message & look forward to meeting up!

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

11 minutes ago, Keith Connolly said:

Thank you @SyntaxError!! I’ve settled on the Scout Trooper & I’ve been looking at a few fully built options here & there.

Anything you (or anyone here) can send me regarding sourcing Scout related items…. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the message & look forward to meeting up!

No worries - I’ve sent you a PM

• Like 1

Everything a price has, however, isn’t always money, the price is. 

sig-richard_501st.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all the team today! Both myself & @Mark Parsons were massively impressed with how the operation worked & most importantly, how friendly everyone was.

Special thank you to the legend that is @Dropkick for allowing me to take his Shadow Scout for a test drive! Loved every minute of it!! Cheers Shane!!

Look forward to seeing you all again soon! MTFBWY

9ee6cfec-4a61-4af5-8e4d-566af4d80108.jpeg

• Like 5

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png