Hello for Cork Ireland.

BandageMonkey

Hello All,

So I have been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember and I have always been interested in the 501st Legion. But either never had the courage or idea on how to even start process to join. I went to the May the 4th Film festival over the weekend down in Portmagee and after speaking with a number of the members their, I bit the bullet and got the ball rolling on my first costume after the first conversion I had, though I have been told its a brave first choice lol. 

Hoping to come out of my shell a tad bit more and help out in events etc, where and whenever possible 🙂 

• Like 3

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

Welcome Alan [& Susie].

It was lovely meeting you at the weekend. I was sitting beside you at the film awards dinner.

Nice one on taking the important 1st step & signing up here.

Keep us posted on your clone build & don't ever be afraid of asking questions here. There are no silly questions.

We are here to help, if we can.

• Like 2

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

Hello Shane,

Hope the rest of the evening went well for you after the awards and it was a pleasure chatting with you and the lads on the night. Really made myself and Susie welcome.

Most definetly, as you said take plenty of snaps of each piece step by step and in natrual light. Also still working on getting Susie hooked in, one or two more events should do the trick 😉 lol

• Like 1

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

Hi Alan, Daniel here (sitting the other side of Shane on Saturday).  Delighted that you both enjoyed yourselves and that you dropped in here to say hello.

If you keep an eye on our "Upcoming Events" section here, you're welcome to comment underneath any of them to say you'd like to come along and help with crewing.  That can be anything from helping our troopers kit up, taking photos, to making sure our stormtroopers don't fall down stairs that they can't see 😅

We have a few clones here who will be able to help answer questions, and also be sure to sign up over at the Clone Detachment if you haven't already:

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/index.php?/login/

You'll find a lot more in depth stuff on Republic Commandos there, including recommended vendors around the world, though some of our guys might be able to point you to European vendors that will cut down on shipping and customs fees.  Feel free to also create a new topic in our own clone section, where you can ask questions and post up updates:

https://www.irelandlegions.com/forums/index.php?/forum/48-clone-trooper-detachment/

Welcome aboard!  And hi to Susie too and her own inevitable costume 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Daniel

TX/TI-86327

Tipperary

sig-danielf_501st.png

Hi Daniel,

Will do, and I have thrown my name in the hat to help out with the Street Collection for the Relay for life on the 10th June. So I'm looking forward to that. I will no doubt have plenty of questions once the kit arrives, so for sure I will be popping into the 48-clone-trooper-detachment page to ask for help and show my progress 🙂 

Susie says hello back 🙂 

• Like 3

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

Hi Daniel,

welcome to our forum...great choice for the clone as it's one of those costumes that can be cleared with both 501st and Rebel Legion

• Like 3

sig-andrea_rl.gif

sig-andrea_501st.png

Rebel Legion Ireland Commanding Officer
Rebel Legion Ireland Merchandise Officer
501st Ireland Garrison Webmaster

Andrea

Hi and welcome. You're arrival has mildly diminished my new guy status 😁. I too am taking on a highly ambitious first build that will take me a few months, so I'll be in the same boat as you by your side as we go. If you need any help or advice, don't be shy to get in touch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PXL_20230419_031647508.jpg

1 Personal Logo~2.jpg

Had a gander at the thread there and it looks really good. Would follow you on istagram, but dont have an account lol, so followed the thread here and looking forward to seeing your progress.  

• Like 1

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

Hello and welcome!

Delighted to hear we left an impression! It sounds like everyone had a great time during the film festival. Hope to be there next year myself. 
If you have any questions, definitely post them here - we tend to be a helpful bunch!

Looking forward to seeing how things go and meeting you at future troops!

• Like 1

Everything a price has, however, isn’t always money, the price is. 

sig-richard_501st.png