New Member . Hello

Mark Parsons

Hi all. I've just joined up. Have seen you guys around for couple of years now and after seeing the show in DublinComicCon I just had to take the dive. Was there with my good Pal Keith Connolly who has also just joined this week. After some back and forth I think I've decided on a Tusken Raider costume to start off.

• Like 5

Life long SW nut. MTFBWY

22 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

Hi all. I've just joined up. Have seen you guys around for couple of years now and after seeing the show in DublinComicCon I just had to take the dive. Was there with my good Pal Keith Connolly who has also just joined this week. After some back and forth I think I've decided on a Tusken Raider costume to start off.

I’m only here a few days now, so not sure if I can welcome people yet 😄! In the few days Mark, I’ve communicated with super nice/helpful members. Looking forward to to the future!

• Like 2

Keith Connolly

sig-keithc_501st.png

39 minutes ago, welshchris77 said:

Welcome aboard Mark, any questions at all just ask and we will be happy to help 😎👍

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I will have loads of questions shortly. For the moment just checking you guys out and seeing how the land lies. Was glad to see forums. Makes talking much easier than having to find each other on seperate social media apps.

• Like 1

Life long SW nut. MTFBWY

8 hours ago, Mark Parsons said:

Anyone any links to guides for tusken raider outfits. Much appreciated 🛠️

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but think the Tusken fall under the rebels so this link to the costume standards is a good place to start https://rebellegion.com/?s=Raider

Edited by BandageMonkey
  • Like 2

sig-alank_rl_501st.gif

11 hours ago, Mark Parsons said:

Anyone any links to guides for tusken raider outfits. Much appreciated 🛠️

Hi Mark,

The tusken Raider is one of the costumes that are listed in both Rebel Legion & 501st Legion.

Heres the 501st legion CRL 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TuskenRaiderMaleANewHope#Version One

Here's the RL page on the Tusken

https://rebellegion.com/tusken-raider-episode-iv-a-hew-hope-male-version-1/

• Like 2

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

2 hours ago, Dropkick said:

Hi Mark,

The tusken Raider is one of the costumes that are listed in both Rebel Legion & 501st Legion.

Heres the 501st legion CRL 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TuskenRaiderMaleANewHope#Version One

Here's the RL page on the Tusken

https://rebellegion.com/tusken-raider-episode-iv-a-hew-hope-male-version-1/

Wow. That's a super guide. Thankyou Dropkick 🫡🫡 looks like you guys have some serious standards.

• Thanks 1

Life long SW nut. MTFBWY

Welcome Mark! We've a few folks with Tusken builds under their belt, plus a good friend of the Garrison working on a ton of Tuskens down in Kerry. Some of our guys should be able to point you in the direction of vendors for a lot of the parts.

• Like 1

Daniel

TX/TI-86327

Tipperary

sig-danielf_501st.png

On 8/20/2023 at 1:46 AM, Mark Parsons said:

Wow. That's a super guide. Thankyou Dropkick 🫡🫡 looks like you guys have some serious standards.

Lol, for sure! But it’s worth the effort to make sure it’s right. I remember jumping through the hoops on my first clearance, and the help I got here was incredible. Very satisfying when it’s done and you’re out there 🙂 

• Like 2

I hate sand 

Hello Mark!

can never have too many Tuscan Raiders!

Welcome to the group - look forward to seeing your build. 

if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

• Like 2

Everything a price has, however, isn’t always money, the price is. 

sig-richard_501st.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All. Great to meet you guys in person today at dunlaoghaire comiccon and cant thankyou enough for your welcome and even giving us a look behind the scenes.. Blown away by your outfits. I've listened to a lot of helpful tips and advise today that will certainly help me with my choices. Keep up the good work. 

MTFBWY

Congratulations for reading to the end 🙂

Mark P

• Like 6

Life long SW nut. MTFBWY