First time cos play

Patrick

Hi folks. Hope this is allowed. I recently bought an xenopixel lightsaber and that got me in the mood to start a generic Jedi costume. I am looking for advice on best place to get this. I have zero sewing skills so would need to purchase the clothes. Hopefully not too expensive. If anyone has any tips or advise that would be great. 

• Like 3

Hi Patrick and welcome on our forum....what you are asking is i believe one of the most asked questions around...and the answer is tricky since not everything you might find online would be good for approval. I would suggest to start registering on the global forum http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/index.php and once your account is approved, you can check out there what other people do and what's the feedback given to them, there is even a section of people selling parts they produce or they own...in general to avoid wasting money don't buy anything unless someone either here or on the global forum there is telling you it might be approvable....the main thing though would be that it would need to correctly fit you following the generic jedi costume standards (https://rebellegion.com/jedi-costume-standards-generic/).

You have quite a good search ahead of you, but there are a lot of resources around you can use.

• Thanks 1

sig-andrea_rl.gif

sig-andrea_501st.png

Rebel Legion Ireland Commanding Officer
Rebel Legion Ireland Merchandise Officer
501st Ireland Garrison Webmaster

Andrea

Welcome @Patrick

Us imperials are always in need of some target practice, so best of luck with your jedi research & costume build.

Keep us posted & our rebels & the global forum rebels will be able to help you on your journey

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

On 9/26/2023 at 4:00 PM, Xadras said:

Hi Patrick and welcome on our forum....what you are asking is i believe one of the most asked questions around...and the answer is tricky since not everything you might find online would be good for approval. I would suggest to start registering on the global forum http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/index.php and once your account is approved, you can check out there what other people do and what's the feedback given to them, there is even a section of people selling parts they produce or they own...in general to avoid wasting money don't buy anything unless someone either here or on the global forum there is telling you it might be approvable....the main thing though would be that it would need to correctly fit you following the generic jedi costume standards (https://rebellegion.com/jedi-costume-standards-generic/).

You have quite a good search ahead of you, but there are a lot of resources around you can use.

Thanks very much for the tip. I had a quick look and seems to be quite expensive. Im willing to pay the extra for the boots and robe. Looking to purchase something cheaper for the tunic and tabards. Got paid today so will have to do a bit of shopping around once i get the tunic sorted I will work on the expensive stuff lol.

On 9/26/2023 at 7:09 PM, Dropkick said:

Welcome @Patrick

Us imperials are always in need of some target practice, so best of luck with your jedi research & costume build.

Keep us posted & our rebels & the global forum rebels will be able to help you on your journey

If you are Imperial Stormtroopers trying to shoot me then I think I will be alright 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Patrick said:

Thanks very much for the tip. I had a quick look and seems to be quite expensive. Im willing to pay the extra for the boots and robe. Looking to purchase something cheaper for the tunic and tabards. Got paid today so will have to do a bit of shopping around once i get the tunic sorted I will work on the expensive stuff lol.

There's no rush is getting a costume completed. Some of us can take months or years to finish a costume build. Feel free to sign up as a crew member & attend events, so you can see how we get on at troops & it gives you a chance to chat to us & ask any questions you may have.

• Like 1

501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

10 hours ago, Dropkick said:

There's no rush is getting a costume completed. Some of us can take months or years to finish a costume build. Feel free to sign up as a crew member & attend events, so you can see how we get on at troops & it gives you a chance to chat to us & ask any questions you may have.

I might actually do that. Made a start today, well just purchased a bath robe that I need to alter into a tunic. 

10 hours ago, Dropkick said:

Also how would I go about to sign up as a crew member.  Sorry for sounding thick lol.

7 hours ago, Patrick said:

Also how would I go about to sign up as a crew member.  Sorry for sounding thick lol.

In the events section, have a look at the upcoming troops & post in the troop thread that you can attend as a crew member.

Thanks 

501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png