Nice to Meet you all!

todlambe

Hi All,

I am a new proud parent of an RS PropMasters ESB StormTrooper suit I had commissioned. I have dreamt of joining the 501st back when I first saw some of the crew outside of Hanley's Toy Store in Dundrum awhile back.  I am completely smitten with the suit and hope to join you all for some of the trooping events coming up.  I look forward to getting to know all you fine people. A little about me, I'm 44 and have a wife and two boys. I love Star Wars, Gundams, Lego, and Video Games. I am a Senior Site Reliability Engineer and have worked in software for a good amount of time. I love to cook and like many learned to bake sourdough during lockdown.  I hope I can meet you all and I hope to bring some treats to the first trooping event I can attend. Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to meeting you all!

-Todd

• Like 5

"You know what's going on? Maybe it's another drill."

Welcome on our forum Tod. Can't wait to see your costume approved. In the meantime if you have any question feel free to post anywhere in the forum.

sig-andrea_rl.gif

sig-andrea_501st.png

Rebel Legion Ireland Commanding Officer
Rebel Legion Ireland Merchandise Officer
501st Ireland Garrison Webmaster

Andrea

Thanks Chris! I sent my pics off as per the FAQ. Do you all have voice modulators and is there any particular model/brand you would recommend? Any other mods/kit you find essential?

Thanks,

Todd

• Like 1

Hi Todd & welcome to the forums.

It's great to see another TK joining the ranks. Hopefully you'll be cleared & gain your official TK ID from Legion shortly.

I look forward to trooping alongside you in the near future.

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

23 hours ago, todlambe said:

Thanks Chris! I sent my pics off as per the FAQ. Do you all have voice modulators and is there any particular model/brand you would recommend? Any other mods/kit you find essential?

Thanks,

Todd

Ah yes I see your application in the GML's email now Todd, Andi or John will go through your application and get back to you as soon as they can, best of luck with clearance👍

Many of us use a voice amplifier by a crowd called T-ramp, they are very good, you can find them on Facebook, the guys name is Paul, he is a very nice person to deal with.

Helmet fans are also essential for when you get very not in your armour on troops, they will prevent your lenses from fogging up.

One or two 5v blower fans will do it run off a powerbank.

I will see if I can find you on fb if you use it and can send you some useful links.

• Like 1

Welcome Todd, delighted for another TK. 

One item I completely overlooked was storage and transport until it was mentioned to me. Woodies and Homebase occasionally have large wheeled storage containers which are ideal.

I haven’t trooped yet, but I have an aker amp and trooper talk on my phone which work nicely. 

I’d strongly recommend a fan, although I still need to set mine up! 

• Like 1

Everything a price has, however, isn’t always money, the price is. 

sig-richard_501st.png

Hi Dropkick, StraightRazor, tipperaryred, SyntaxError! Yeah just realized I don't wanna be carting around this giant cardboard box full of armor. Thanks for all the tips lads/ladettes! Are you all using the TRamps with the finger buttons or the fob?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, todlambe said:

Hi Dropkick, StraightRazor, tipperaryred, SyntaxError! Yeah just realized I don't wanna be carting around this giant cardboard box full of armor. Thanks for all the tips lads/ladettes! Are you all using the TRamps with the finger buttons or the fob?

I use the TRamp with the finger buttons. I really like it.

• Like 1

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png

These are our 'go to' storage boxes:- 

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=145+LITRE&authToken=425442235%2CPWBEO%2FIArT4%2FQlWuE3ktnnIHMCI%3D

Just have to drill a hole beneath one of the handles, thread a length of rope though, tie a knot inside and thread a piece of pipe to the other end for a handle or similar (Qualpex works well) 😉