Hi all!

Evan

Hi all! ????

I've fallen into one of my Star Wars crazes again and was scouring the internet at 3am and came across the 501st Legion! I've done Roman reenactment before and decided that I'd like to take the step up from a Roman Legionnaire to a 501st Legionnaire, given that I'm more interested in a fictional Empire than one of the most influential Empires earth has ever seen, priorities... ????

I'm entirely new to the whole costuming thing and have absolutely no experience with making kit for this sort of endeavor, so, any advice for a college student that may or may not be strapped for the foreseeable future (due to the Blue Shadow Virus lockdown) would be greatly appreciated!

I'd be interested in the following costumes:

1. Imperial Scout Trooper (the dream) 
  2. Imperial Stormtrooper (the dream, but not as much)
  3. Imperial Death Trooper (I would say this is the no.1 dream but I'd have to grow about 35 cm or so lol)
  4. Imperial TIE Pilot
  5. Imperial Security Bureau
  6. Imperial Navy/Army Officer

As I said, any and all advice relating to starting off would be highly appreciated ????

Stay safe!

Evan O'Herlihy

Hi Evan & welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the decent list of wants in tour introduction.

The best advice is to do the costume you want to do the most.

After that, it's down to the rough cost of the kit & if it's within your budget. Many costumes come in kit form, so you can buy the kit & cut it to your own size, so it fits you well. Some vendors also offer a kit assembly option, for more money.

I see your option 4 is a tie pilot. One thing about this is you can build a tie reserve costume [with no armour] to get you cleared & ready to troop. Then as more funds are saved, you can add to the costume by buying the armour kit or fully made up to make the full tie pilot. Other costumes don't offer this step up option.

We have a few scout troopers in the garrison already with a few more currently being built. We also have two of the shadow scouts as another option.

The main decision would be down to yourself when you look at your dream costume, whether you buy the cheaper kit & build it yourself or get someone to help you or if you have the budget to buy one fully made. 

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

TK/TX/DZ/SL/DS 18170 -  Shane Murphy [Dropkick]
501st profile

sig-shanem_501st.gif

sig-shanem_rl.png