Jump to content

Smyths Toy Store Christmas Catalogue Launch - Saturday September 24th

    

Event details

 Share

Smyths have been in touch us with regard to the launch of their Christmas Catalogue which they want to keep secret, so its just between us at the moment.  They are planning to have a giveaway on the day of Disney Mini Brands.   The date is Saturday September 24th from 9am to 12pm.  They are looking for two troopers per store

A €50 voucher will be given to troopers who can attend and a donation to charity will be made.  The stores below are a wishlist of stores and I understand we can't do them all.  Take a look and if there is a store that will suit you, then just sign up for it.  With regard tro crew.  Ive discussed this with them and where necessary we can bring one crew member along who will also get a voucher.  Its always handy to have a crew member around for these sort of things, to help with the costumes and to keep an eye on the floor and take photos.

EVENT - Smyths Toy Store Catalogue Launch
LOCATION - Various
DATE -Saturday Septmber 24th
TIME - 9am - 12pm
POC - Various Store Managers

COSTUMES - 501st, Rebel Legion
STAFF DEALING WITH EVENT - Dave

Trooping Fonthill


Trooping Swords

George 

Lisa


Trooping Blanchardstown

Andrea

Giorgia - Crew


Trooping Jervis St

Matt


Trooping Tallaght

Alan D


Trooping Dundalk


Trooping Tralee

Keith

Donnie


Trooping Naas


Trooping Carrickmines

Christy 

Todd

Aga - Crew


Trooping Drogheda

Shane H.

Jamie


Trooping Waterford

Richard

Chris


Trooping Athlone

 


Trooping Navan

Ken

Shane M.

Sean

Trooping Galway

 Share


Recommended Comments



2 hours ago, Emerald Trooper said:

OK Andrea.  The two slots are gone in Swords.  There is room for one crew.  I'll see what can be done here.

i see that...just posting to let you know in case there is any more movement

Link to comment

All good with me Dave (you have me in as Ken in the Tralee details! 🙂 )  One thing to note for myself and Donie, is that the store only opens at 9, so we won't be able to get in until that time, so it will be 9.30 - 9.45 before we are ready to rock.  And I also checked with the store, and they are offering us a stairwell to change in, or a small toilet. So I am going to pop back today and see if we can sort something better out.  Cheers!

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, kingdom.trooper said:

All good with me Dave (you have me in as Ken in the Tralee details! 🙂 )  One thing to note for myself and Donie, is that the store only opens at 9, so we won't be able to get in until that time, so it will be 9.30 - 9.45 before we are ready to rock.  And I also checked with the store, and they are offering us a stairwell to change in, or a small toilet. So I am going to pop back today and see if we can sort something better out.  Cheers!

Thanks for letting me know Keith.  Sign up error has been changed.  As for the stairwell or toilet, I have been on to Smyths many times over the years explaining that this is unacceptable.  i'll be in touch with HQ today

Link to comment
1 minute ago, stormtroopergeorge56 said:

Okay just thought it was very early as we normally don't start till about 10 or 11 and finish around 2 

I know.  I double checked and it is 9

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Emerald Trooper said:

Thanks for letting me know Keith.  Sign up error has been changed.  As for the stairwell or toilet, I have been on to Smyths many times over the years explaining that this is unacceptable.  i'll be in touch with HQ today

That is no problem at all Dave.  I went over yesterday and saw the area, and the stairwell is in a retricted area, and there should be enough room for both of us to change in.  There are staff lockers etc in the same area, so I'd say it will be fine. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Emerald Trooper said:

I know.  I double checked and it is 9

I think we are part of a bigger picture, as in Tralee there seems to be face painters, free giveaways and competitions at the store between 9 and 12.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, kingdom.trooper said:

I think we are part of a bigger picture, as in Tralee there seems to be face painters, free giveaways and competitions at the store between 9 and 12.

Yeah well they will need something to get people in early but doesn't make sense with school 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, kingdom.trooper said:

That is no problem at all Dave.  I went over yesterday and saw the area, and the stairwell is in a retricted area, and there should be enough room for both of us to change in.  There are staff lockers etc in the same area, so I'd say it will be fine. 

Myself and John were given the emergency stairwell in the Waterford store previously, it actually wasn’t too bad and there was plenty of room for our gear, when Tud was at the store on a differently occasion they let him use the staff canteen or board room (I believe) but there was very little room.

Given the choice between the canteen and a stairwell I would take the stairwell if they are the only option's😉👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...