Jump to content

Zak Rocks Fund Raiser

Event details

 Share

OK Guys.  This is the one a lot of you guys have been waiting for.  Our first troop in 15 months.

Zak Moran is 11 years old from Navan and has been diagnosed with Grade 4 highly aggressive malignant tumour.  His friends are currently raising funds to try and help support his family with everyday expenses and future treatment and travel. 

The event is being held at a local football grounds so the club changing rooms will be our. I have gone over the space we will have and we will be ok to social distance.  Im going to keep the numbers to 12 max (10 troopers 2 crew).  We may be able to increase these numbers if needs be by staggering the changing times for people.  The event is all outdoors.  I have sent them our guidelines and they agree to everything.  I have advised that we will have crew there and they will do the best they can to keep everyone as socially distanced as we can. 

The fund raiser is a bake sale and we've been told we can have all the cake we can eat on the day.  Water/refreshments will be available to us as well.

Zak is a massive Starwars fan. Unfortunately he will remain in hospital for the foreseeable future and won't be at the event himself. The guys where hoping that they could record some footage and send it to Zak on the day.

At the moment I'll be there on the day to troop so I'll be taking the names, address and telephone numbers of all troopers for contact tracing purposes.  

When signing up please advise what costume you are bringing 

EVENT - Zak Rocks Fund Raiser
LOCATION - Wheatfield Park, Slane, Co Meath
DATE - Tuesday July 13th 
TIME - Ready to troop at 6pm
POC - Blaithin O'Carroll
COSTUMES - 501st, Rebel Legion
STAFF DEALING WITH EVENT - Dave

Trooping

Dave - Boba Fett

Shane - Shadow Trooper

Jamie - Kylo Ren

Daniel - Del Meeko

Lisa - Tie Pilot

Aidan - Tie Pilot

Ed - Crew

Andi - Crew

Ceallach - General Hux

Zak Rocks.jpg

 Share


Recommended Comments



Great news Dave ❤

Signing up please. 

Myself as shadow (probably scout - easiest to get kitted up with minimal crew help).

Jawa cadet Seán would be available if GA are allowed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Dropkick said:

Great news Dave ❤

Signing up please. 

Myself as shadow (probably scout - easiest to get kitted up with minimal crew help).

Jawa cadet Seán would be available if GA are allowed.

The feeling is that the time isn't right for the GA at the moment Shane.  That will change a little later in the summer I reckon

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Ready to Hux it up and double as crew!  

Also I have been looking for the address on Google and got a bit confused.  Should I be looking for Slane County Meath or Wheatfield County Meath?  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, MapleDonut said:

Ready to Hux it up and double as crew!  

Also I have been looking for the address on Google and got a bit confused.  Should I be looking for Slane County Meath or Wheatfield County Meath?  

Slane, Co Meath, where the Castle is

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OK guys.  I was in touch with the organisers this afternoon.  With all the announcements made yesterday they want to be ultra cautious with regard to numbers.  So Im going to call the list up to Ceallach the final name.  We'll play it by ear on the day.  If the dressing room will look too crowded with all of us in there at the one time, we'll just stagger kitting up.  Half of us get changed and were ready the other half get changed.  That should keep everyone happy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

image.png

Heres the location, theres a set of gates on Google Earth with 'Wheatfield park' on them, just off Francis Ledwidge terrace, its in the housing estate across from the Castle grounds. If you have ever been to a concert at the Castle you will know the area

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

I'm pretty sure my son Seán played football against a team from Slane on this pitch a few years back.

Link to comment

i’d love to go if you’re still looking for people. my tie pilot will be arriving monday and i’ll have all my gear ready. 

i should be able to get a lift from my ma or da, i’m only about 30 minutes away

Link to comment

Damn and Blast I Just seen this, I would have loved to troop 😢

Let me know if there is any possibility ...

Cheers Folks,, Cant wait to see the photo`s etc,, Happy trooping

Link to comment
On 7/2/2021 at 3:38 PM, ill_hamstring said:

i’d love to go if you’re still looking for people. my tie pilot will be arriving monday and i’ll have all my gear ready. 

i should be able to get a lift from my ma or da, i’m only about 30 minutes away

OK Lisa, I was in touch with Christy and he won't be able to troop at this event because of a back injury, so you're next on the list to join the troop.  If you're tie pilot hasn't been cleared you will need to touch base with Chris to make sure its ok to troop.  You are allowed a number of troops in an uncleared costume.  Let me know if you want to take Christy's place.

Link to comment
On 7/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, dark_jedi_ire said:

Damn and Blast I Just seen this, I would have loved to troop 😢

Let me know if there is any possibility ...

Cheers Folks,, Cant wait to see the photo`s etc,, Happy trooping

If anything changes Rob, I'll let you know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

sorry, just seeing this now! i’d love to take christys spot. 

i’m having a bit of trouble with ups at the moment - was supposed to be delivered monday but customs are a nightmare and are saying i havn’t payed them. should be in contact with them tomorrow so it should hopefully be here by friday, and photos will immediately be sent to get cleared. 

Link to comment
12 hours ago, ill_hamstring said:

sorry, just seeing this now! i’d love to take christys spot. 

i’m having a bit of trouble with ups at the moment - was supposed to be delivered monday but customs are a nightmare and are saying i havn’t payed them. should be in contact with them tomorrow so it should hopefully be here by friday, and photos will immediately be sent to get cleared. 

OK Lisa, I have you signed up

Link to comment

Me being me did a quick scout run on Saturday, this is the turn, its the 2nd turn as you approach Slane town from Navan or watch for the roadsign on the right of the pic if you are coming from the town, go up the hill, look for the rudimentary roundabout at the top and go right, its there. Probably be signposted on Saturday 🤞

image.png

Edited by Thunderer
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment

Guys Im after making a complete balls up of the date.  Its lucky I checked.  I must not of been wearing my glasses when I read the request.  This troop is for tomorrow and not Saturday!  It will start at 6pm.  Is there anyone that can make it?  I should be able to do it.

Sincere apologies for the cock up

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...